Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Duty Calls

"Broad paths are open to every endeavour, and a sympathetic recognition is assured to every one who consecrates his art to the divine services of a conviction of a consciousness."
– Franz Lizst1
1: I get why people are upset about the Call of Duty Ad, but a)it's a clever, effective advertisement and b)I have no patience for "more patriotic than thou" arguments about video game ads. That's my definition of missing the forest for the trees. I care more that Kobe has such good, sly taste in non-shoe endorsements. Dude geeks out about what he likes, and I can get behind that. (If Enter the Dragon gets made today, it's Kobe fighting Bruce Lee, isn't?2)
2: Martial arts Kobe is a far more terrifying proposition than kung fu Kareem, right? Also, if Bruce Lee were around today it would be Bruce Li, wouldn't it? But nesting footnotes is ridiculous, so I'll stop there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google Analytics: